Thursday, December 31, 2009

The *Plan*

So it's pretty obvious that I have been struggling with losing weight and getting healthy. I've tried different strategies, and haven't had much success. I've started counting calories instead of doing Weight Watchers, and that has seemed to help. But, I went to a new doctor... one who seems interested in helping me get this weight off, unlike the previous doctor I was seeing... and we have come up with a plan. The plan includes

* prayer
* focusing on God
*1200 calories/day {yikes}
* a pill to help me get started {hopefully I won't be on that long}
* lots of water ... like 100ozs. lots
* lots of fruits and veggies
* lots of exercise with pasta and cheese {my two loves} an hour before I work out
* and finally.... no surgery!! I had been contemplating it, and my parents had been encouraging it, but the doc said no.way.

There ya have it... I go back to see her every 30 days, so that will help keep me accountable. I'm excited, and am looking forward to being successful. I have a doctor who is on my side, and who wants what is best for me. She said we will get through this together.... isn't that lovely?

No comments:

Post a Comment